Path: Ask the Experts >> 

What's the VAT rebate for plastic tablecloths?

Posted: 2011-09-30

Full Question

I am thinking about buying a product ExW in China. Can you tell me the HS code of plastic tablecloth with polyester ribbon border? What is the VAT rebate? Any suggestions?


The HS code for plastic tablecloths is 39249000.

Because the product is used around food it is classified as "customs supervised condition B" product, which means that when the exporter exports the goods, the exporter or agent needs to be licensed in China to deal in this product.

So unless you own a China based company with the right licensing, be very careful not to buy ExW as there is a chance that you could buy the product at the factory and have no way to export it out of China. Buying "FOB China port" is much safer for you because the seller will be responsible to clear outbound China customs.

For your reference, the VAT rebate is 13% for this HS code.

Have another sourcing question? Submit your question to our sourcing experts.

* Your E-mail address:
(Required, but will not be made public)
* Your Question: